Friday, June 22, 2007

Uncle Cliff’s Turn

It's my really cool and talented uncle's turn to get a "writeup" in my blog.

He wrote a book. He wrote it with the hopes of creating something so that his grandson would have access to more than just old photos of his grandpa, or Papa.

This book, entitled "From Here to Eternity," is a great read. His life has been anything but boring. From his very young years through his young adult years he encountered many challenges. These challenges could have turned him into a bitter, angry, and perhaps imprisoned man.

My uncle, though, used his endurance of these challenges as life learning lessons. He grew emotionally, and endured more, and became the man we all love (you'd love him too, if you met him).

He tells the story of how he met his wife, my dear auntie. His story of how they met, the beginning of their marriage, the challenges they met and overcome together brought tears to my eyes because of his obvious deep and abiding love for her, and hers for him. When a person sees them now together their love shows so strongly through the twinkle in their eyes when they look at each other. They've taken such good care of each other, they should live forever.

His story of his life gave me an enhanced insight to my father's life, some of which my father would mention with sadness, but would never share the details. Thank you, Uncle for allowing me to know my dad and your brother a little better.

I so enjoyed this book. If I have his permission, I may correct the very few typos and 1 or 2 grammar errors and send it back to him.

Uncle Papa, I love you so much. I've always respected you, have always enjoyed your great sense of humor, and no matter what your age your youthful presence. Thank you for writing it. I appreciate it, and know that my daughters will too, one day when they find it and read it.

Love and hugs,

Charmaine

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home